Cookies, or other similar technologies, are data used by a server to send status information to a user’s browser, and to send status information back to the original server by that browser.
The status information may be for example a session identifier, language, expiration date, response domain, etc.
Cookies make it possible to store, for as long as they are valid, status information when a browser accesses the different pages of a website or when that browser subsequently returns to that website.
There are different types of cookies:
- session cookies that disappear as soon as you exit the browser or site;
- permanent cookies that remain on your device until they expire or until you delete them using your browser’s features.
- Cookies strictly necessary for browsing the AccorHotels websites and the ability to use all of their features, and intended in particular to:
- manage the authentication of website visitors and the associated security, and ensure the proper functioning of the authentication module;
- ·optimize the user experience and facilitate browsing, in particular by determining “technical routes” for browsing;
- store information regarding the "cookies" information banner seen by website visitors who then continue to browse the website after agreeing to accept cookies on their device;
- implement security measures (for example when you are asked to log in again to content or service after a certain period of time, or to ensure the proper basic functioning of the Accor site and of the use of their main technical features such as monitoring performance and browsing errors, managing user sessions, etc.).
- Cookies for features intended in particular to:
- adapt the Accor site to the display preference of your device (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and settings of the display and web pages based on the device that you are using and its location, etc.);
- store certain information that you enter on the Accor site Websites in order to facilitate and customize your subsequent browsing (including displaying the visitor's first and last names if the visitor has a user account);
- allow you to more quickly access your personal spaces by remembering the login data that you previously indicated.
- Cookies for visitor tracking aimed at improving the comfort of users and helping us understand your interactions with the Accor site (pages most visited, applications used, etc.); these cookies may make it possible to gather statistics, or even test different displays in order to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services.
- Social network cookies, set by third parties, allowing you to share on social networks your opinion on the Accor site and to share its content (ex: “Share” or “Like” plug-ins on social networks).
The social network applications on the Accor site as mentioned above may in certain cases allow the corresponding social networks to identify you even if you have not clicked on the plug-ins. In fact, this type of button may allow the social network concerned to follow your browsing on the Accor site, due to the fact that your account on the social network concerned is activated on your device (open session) while you are browsing.
We recommend that you read the policies of those social networks to become familiar with how they use the browsing information that they may collect, in particular for advertising purposes. These policies must in particular allow you to exercise your choices with such social networks, in particular by configuring your user accounts for each of them.
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Furthermore, upon your first visit to the Accor website, you will be asked if you accept the installation of this type of cookies that will be activated only after your acceptance.
You may change your mind at any time using the following options to delete cookies and other tracking devices.
Although most browsers are configured by default to accept the installation of cookies, if you wish you may choose to accept or systematically reject all cookies or choose those that you wish to accept based on their issuer.
You may configure your browser to accept or refuse on a case-by-case basis cookies before they are installed. You may also regularly delete cookies from your device via your browser. Don’t forget to configure all of the browsers of your different devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.).
To manage cookies and your preferences, the configuration of each browser is different. This is described in your browser’s Help menu, as well as how to change your preferences with respect to cookies. For example:
for Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies;
for Safari™: http://www.apple.com/fr/privacy/use-of-cookies;
for Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html.
The registration of a cookie on your device is basically subject to your consent, which you may expressly and freely change at any time and through the choices offered to you by your web browser.
If your browser is configured to accept cookies on your device, the cookies integrated in the pages and content you have accessed may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They will be readable only by their issuer.